出版：Astute Analytica（アステュートアナリティカ） 出版年月：2022年9月
英国の医療用圧縮帯市場 : 製品 (上部圧縮帯、下部圧縮帯、その他)、クラス (クラス 1、クラス 2、クラス 3)、用途 (静脈瘤、その他)、エンド ユーザー別(病院、診療所、その他)、推計と予測 2017年-2030年
UK Medical Compression Garments Market, By Product (Upper Compression Garments, Lower Compression Garments, Others), By Class (Class 1, Class 2, Class 3), By Application (Varicose Vein, Others), By End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Estimation & Forecast, 2017 – 2030
The UK medical compression garments market held a market value of USD 150.27 million in 2021 and is estimated to reach USD 238.66 million by the year 2030. The market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period. Moreover, the market volume is accounted to grow at the rate of 4.6% over the anticipated period.
The rising sports activities and the increasing inclination of people to engage in sports create substantial demand for supportive garments and medical compression garments. Moreover, the rising incidence of sports accidents and injuries fuel the demand for medical compression garments over the historic period.
The increasing number of wounds intricates the demand for compression garments in the country. For instance, according to Wounds UK, during the period 2012-13 to 2017-18, a 71% increase in the annual prevalence of wounds from 2.2 million to 3.8 million, with the largest increase related to acute wound types (80%) was observed. Thus, this boosts the market growth for medical compression garments in the UK.
On the other hand, the concern regarding skin issues, breakouts, allergies, is a restrictive factor for medical compression garments market. In addition to that, body fitting issues post usage is also hindering the market growth.
Rise in sports activities in U.K.
The rise in sports activities aid the increased demand for medical compression and support garments. According to a survey done by Strava, the UK came out on top as the world’s most active nation, with an increase of 82% in outdoor activity, compared to a 45% increase in Germany and a 28% increase in the US in the year 2020. In the UK, 17% of the adult population is on the platform, and in total there are more than nine million UK athletes on Strava. Thus, such statistics create high demand for medical compression garments in the country.
Advancements in compression fabrication technology
The technological advancements aid the growth rate of the market by increasing demand. For instance, in July 2020, the Compression Closet, a virtual compression closet for lymphedema therapists, expanded with new products to its inventory. These products included Sigvaris CompreShort Capri, which is supportive to mild compression for truncal or abdominal Edema. The CompreShort Capri is made with a soft, breathable fabric that reduces moisture containment. Thus, the rising availability of many such advanced products aid the growth of the market.
The UK medical compression garments market is segmented into product, class, application, and end user.
• Upper Compression Garments
• Lower Compression Garments
• Anti-embolism Stockings
The upper compression garments segment held the largest market share of more than 40% in 2021, whereas the lower compression garments is expected to be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 6% over the anticipated period.
• Class 1 (14-17 mmHg)
• Class 2 (18-24 mmHg)
• Class 3 (25-35 mmHg)
The class 1 segment is projected to hold an opportunity of more than USD 35 million during 2022 to 2030.
• Varicose Vein
• Deep Vein Thrombosis
• Wound Care
The varicose vein segment is likely to hold the highest growth rate of 6.1% owing to the rising incidence and prevalence rates of this disorder. Davies’s review from 2019 states that the trends of varicose vein case rates of 51.9 cases per 1,000 women and 39.4 cases per 1,000 men. Moreover, globally, the incidence of varicose veins varies between 10% and 60%.
In addition to that, the deep vein thrombosis segment is projected to cross USD 50 million market value by 2023.
By End User,
• Ambulatory Surgical Centres
The hospitals segment held the largest market share of more than 40% in 2021.
The UK industry for medical compression garments is increasing at a steady rate owing to the rising chronic wound diseases, varicose veins incidence rates, as well as the rising sports injuries in the country. For instance, according to the statistics published by the Children’s Burns Trust, a registered charity in England and Wales, on an average, 110 children per day are seen in emergency departments with burn injuries. Moreover, the average cost to the NHS for a major burn is 1,68,155 pounds (USD 1,98,973.61). Thus, such high statistics push the market growth.
Key players operating in the UK medical compression garments market include Bio Compression Systems, 3M Company, Cardinal Health, Eurosurgical, Essity AB, Judd Medical, LIPOELASTIC, Juzo, Medasun Medical, Sigvaris (Switzerland), Medi GmbH and Co. Kg, Smith and Nephew Plc., among others.
The major four players in the market hold more than 35% of the market share. These market players are investing in product launches, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and expansions to create a competitive edge in the market. For instance, in July 2021, Essity acquired ABIGO Medical, a Swedish medical solutions company operating in wound care.
The UK medical compression garments market report provides insights on the below pointers:
• Market Penetration: Provides comprehensive information on the market offered by the prominent players
• Market Development: The report offers detailed information about lucrative emerging markets and analyzes penetration across mature segments of the markets
• Market Diversification: Provides in-depth information about untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments
• Competitive Landscape Assessment: Mergers & acquisitions, certifications, product launches in the UK medical compression garments market have been provided in this research report. In addition, the report also emphasizes the SWOT analysis of the leading players.
• Product Development & Innovation: The report provides intelligent insights on future technologies, R&D activities, and breakthrough product developments
• Pricing Analysis: Pricing analysis of various types and other components used in the manufacturing of medical compression garments
• Manufacturing Cost Analysis: Cost-share of various medical compression garments materials, cost analysis of medical compression garments materials, Unit Cost Analysis of medical compression garments materials
• Epidemiology of Deep Vein Thrombosis & VTE in UK
• Quality Standards: VTE Prevention
• Estimated Compression Garment Usage-Based on Various Factors
The UK medical compression garments market report answers questions such as:
• What is the market size and forecast of the UK medical compression garments market?
• What are the inhibiting factors and impact of COVID-19 on the UK medical compression garments market during the assessment period?
• Which are the products/segments/applications/areas to invest in over the assessment period in the UK medical compression garments market?
• What is the competitive strategic window for opportunities in the UK medical compression garments market?
• What are the technology trends and regulatory frameworks in the UK medical compression garments market?
• What is the market share of the leading players in the UK medical compression garments market?
• What modes and strategic moves are considered favorable for entering the UK medical compression garments market?
Chapter 1. Research Framework
1.2. Product Overview
1.2.1. Market Segmentation
1.2.2. Market & Segment Definitions
1.3. Research Methodology
1.3.1. List of Primary & Secondary Sources
1.3.2. Market Size Estimation
18.104.22.168. Assumption for the Study
22.214.171.124. Data Triangulation
Chapter 2. Executive Summary: UK Medical Compression Garments Market
Chapter 3. UK Medical Compression Garments Market Overview
3.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.1.1. Material Provider
3.1.4. End Users
3.2. Industry Outlook
3.2.1. Epidemiology of Deep Vein Thrombosis in UK
3.2.2. Hospital protocols for mechanical DVT prevention
3.2.3. Estimated Compression Garment Usage
3.3. PESTLE Analysis
3.4. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3. Threat of Substitutes
3.4.4. Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5. Degree of Competition
3.5. Market Dynamics and Trends
3.5.1. Key Trends
3.5.2. Growth Drivers
3.5.3. Restraints/ Challenges
3.6. Market Growth and Outlook
3.6.1. Market Revenue Estimates and Forecast (US$ Mn), 2017-2030
3.6.2. Market Volume Estimates and Forecast (000′ Units), 2017-2030
3.6.3. Pricing Analysis
3.7. Covid-19 Impact Assessment on Market Growth Trend
3.7.1. Growth Trend Shift Analysis
3.7.2. Industry Best Practices
3.8. Regulatory Landscape
3.9. Environmental Considerations
Chapter 4. Competition Dashboard
4.1. Market Concentration Rate
4.2. Company Market Share Analysis (Value %), 2020
4.3. Competitor Product Mapping, by Application
Chapter 5. Medical Compression Garments Market Analysis, By Product
5.1. Key Insights
5.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 – 2030 (US$ Mn & 000′ Units)
5.2.1. Upper Compression Garments
5.2.2. Lower Compression Garments
5.2.3. Anti-embolism Stockings
Chapter 6. Medical Compression Garments Market Analysis, By Class
6.1. Key Insights
6.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 – 2030 (US$ Mn & 000′ Units)
6.2.1. Class 1 (14-17 mmHg)
6.2.2. Class 2 (18-24 mmHg)
6.2.3. Class 3 (25-35 mmHg)
Chapter 7. Medical Compression Garments Market Analysis, By Application
7.1. Key Insights
7.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 – 2030 (US$ Mn & 000′ Units)
7.2.1. Varicose Vein
7.2.2. Deep Vein Thrombosis
7.2.3. Wound Care
Chapter 8. Medical Compression Garments Market Analysis, By End User
8.1. Key Insights
8.2. Market Size and Forecast, 2017 – 2030 (US$ Mn & 000′ Units)
8.2.3. Ambulatory Surgical Centres
Chapter 9. Company Profile (Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, and Business Strategy Outlook)
9.1. 3M Company
9.2. Bio Compression systems
9.3. Cardinal Health
9.4. Essity AB
9.6. Judd Medical
9.9. Medasun Medical
9.10. Medi GmbH and Co. Kg
9.11. Sigvaris (Switzerland)
9.12. Smith and Nephew Plc.
9.13. Other Prominent Players